91 Years of HistoryAlbany, Oregon's First Assembly of God was born of revival meetings in 1922 and become part of the General Council of the Assemblies of God in 1930.
We moved from our former location at the corner of Second & Jackson streets to our current location on Santiam Highway in 1958 under the leadership of Pastor R.E. Book. The current sanctuary was built in 1972 and was completely renovated in 1998.
After Pastor Book, four other men have held the position of Senior Pastor of Albany First Assembly: Pastor Allen Groff from 1976 to 1984, Pastor Lew Shelton from 1985 to 2007, Pastor Dave Albanese from 2008 to 2009, and Pastor Frank Silverii from 2010 to present.
People are the framework of our expansion, and we have grown in numbers from just a handful of attenders to consistently around 900 in attendance on Sunday mornings. We have also grown by "planting" several daughter churches throughout the Willamette Valley.